Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for statewide office an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions.
1. Will you support a “Constitutional Carry” bill that would allow any law-abiding citizen to carry a firearm concealed without a permit?
2. Will you support a bill that would repeal ObamaCare’s Medicaid expansion in Michigan?
3. Will you support a bill that would remove RFID tracking chips from Michigan driver’s licenses?
4. Do you oppose state and local funds being used to support private organizations, which are lobbying government?
5. Will you support legislation that would protect a citizen’s right to film public officials performing their official duties, as long as they do not interfere with official duties?
6. Will you oppose all tax and fee increases?
7. Will you support legislation that creates a part-time legislature in Michigan?
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Chose not to answer
|Lt. Governor||G||Candace Caveny|
|Lt. Governor||L||Scotty Boman|
|Lt. Governor||UST||Richard Mendoza|
|Secretary of State||R||Ruth Johnson|
|Secretary of State||D||Dillard Godfrey|
|Secretary of State||L||James Lewis|
|Secretary of State||UST||Robert Gale|
|Attorney General||R||Bill Schuette|
|Attorney General||D||Mark Totten|
|Attorney General||G||John La Pietra|
|Attorney General||L||Justin Altman|
|Attorney General||UST||Gerald Van Sickle|